Thursday, December 3, 2009

My hand lotion has Nonoxynol 9--spermicide. Then I see online it's common in cosmetics products. WHY?!?

I bought some lotion today from the dollar store, nice stuff, smells like grape candy and has shea butter, etc......I rubbed it all over myself after my bath, and then read the bottle to see the ingredients, and find it has Nonoxynol 9, which I know is a spermicide. I'm thinking it's a reject cause it came from the dollar store, wondering why they'd put that in there, then I look online to see if it will have bad affects on my skin, and I find that it is common in cosmetics including shaving cream, hair dye and lotion. I don't understand this. Please explain why, and will this harm me?My hand lotion has Nonoxynol 9--spermicide. Then I see online it's common in cosmetics products. WHY?!?
Wow! I cannot answer your question because unfortunately I didn't know about this either, until I just read your question! Thank you for the heads up at least, and I will be checking back to see what others answer you. And doing some research myself. Thanks! A star for you.My hand lotion has Nonoxynol 9--spermicide. Then I see online it's common in cosmetics products. WHY?!?
It will not harm you, but that is the reason why it is a better idea to pay a bit more for a high quality botanical product that doesn't contain chemical or animal by products.


Check out www.arbonne.com...they have great botanical products and the stuff works.
I would assume they found the principles of it being a spermicide after they started putting it into lotions.


It obviously will not harm you or they wouldnt put it in there..............
Nonoxynol 9's primary indication is as a skin softener. It's also found in shaving cream. The germicidal property is a side-effect.





But if there are any girls out there who use the stuff mainly for the other reason, I am available nights and weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash