Thursday, December 3, 2009

Selling barely used cosmetic online?

Hi, I'm contemplating on selling some of my cosmetics which I've barely used online but I've got no idea how should I go about it.


I would very much prefer to sell it only in Singapore where I'm staying in.


Can someone help me with it? For example which website in Singapore to set and how to attract viewers' attention. Thanks!Selling barely used cosmetic online?
That's not safe or ethical.Selling barely used cosmetic online?
Ebay is a good start.. I really wouldn't recommend selling used make-up though. Technically you aren't really supposed to keep it more than a few months (Which most people including myself do anyway). It could have bacteria on it. But if you really want to sell it.. make sure that you at least let the people buying it know that it was used. :)
I don't think any place is going to sell your used makeup.


That's disgusting.


If I purchased something online and it was used, I'd march my little happy butt over to Singapore and force you to give me my money back.





I don't even share makeup with my best friend, let alone some stranger who lives across the world who has god only knows WHAT disease living in their makeup.





I don't think you realize this, but each time you put makeup on, you put the applicator/brush back into the tub of makeup to reapply more. Every single time you do this, you add a bit more of eye junk to your makeup. The eye ';cooties'; (haha) grow and fester in your makeup.





You may not break out from the diseases living in your makeup, but someone else probably will. As you're used to having those types of bacteria in your eyes, as that's where they came from.








^^ That's the reason they say not to keep eyeshadow/blushes for more than 6 months. (I think it was actaully a lot less than that. But I keep mine for 6.)
You should never sale used cosmetics. As soon as you open and touch a product bacteria starts growing. It is very unsanitary to sale this stuff used. See if you have any friends or realatives that would like to purchase it. Since they know you personally and know you don't have any communicable diseases and know if you are a clean person or not first hand they might not have any problem purchasing stuff you have used. But to try to sale it otherwise is gross.
As all the other answerers have said, ebay.com is the best website for doing this. It will allow you to choose whether you want to ship outside your country or only accept bids from within Singapore. (Buyer pays the shipping cost, that you set, so shipping internationally isn't a financial problem, just a problem if it's a hassle for you.)





As far as the ethicalness of selling used cosmetics goes, I disagree with everyone else. I do makeup swaps on a wonderful website (www.makeupalley.com) where we swap used (but sanitized) makeup all the time. I've done about 150 swaps and never had a problem from any of the makeup. This is an option you may also want to consider. Makeup Alley (MUA) has lots of swappers from Singapore and you could swap your gently used items for other cosmetics/haircare/skincare products you want. That would be a great way to do it especially if you'll be using some of the money you planned on earning from selling them to buy new makeup. Selling barely used cosmetics is actually a pretty big business because an eyeshadow that would be $30 new would only be about $20 after it's been used once or twice (and sanitized). So a lot of women buy gently used cosmetics to save lots of money like that.





When it comes to the safety and cleanliness of buying %26amp; selling used makeup, here are a few guidelines to follow:





1) What cosmetic item is it? (Some items like eyeshadow, lipsticks, blush, etc. can be very easily sanitized. Others like mascara are impossible to sanitize. Selling used lipgloss is usually only right if it has only been tested with a clean lip brush).





2) Have you properly sanitized the items? (You can easily sanitize eyeshadows %26amp; blushes by running a cotton ball very lightly dipped in alcohol over them a few times, but don't let them get too wet or the color will change a little. Lipsticks are the easiest, just dip them into a cup of rubbing alcohol for a minute. Mascaras, you cannot sanitize them. Lipglosses, you also cannot totally sanitize and won't be clean unless you've just used them with a lipbrush).





3) Have you disclosed the information the the cosmetics you're selling are used? (You MUST disclose this on the auction or swap listing. It is misleading and wrong not to do so. You should mention though that you have sanitized them and they are clean and safe for use by others, unless it is an item that isn't conclusively sanitizable.)





I really hope this helps!
nasty nasty nasty that's like double dipping a chip at a party I hope you got all of your shots.
you should do alittle research. Don';t sell it on ebay. I tried selling some slightly used or almost new products on ebay and they gave me a warning. ebay wont accept used costmetic for selling it on their website.. try http://www.craigslist.org


click on your country and post it up..
use ebay.com it is used internationally


and by th way, if you're trying to sell lip gloss, foundation, etc.


that's nasty, notbody's gonna by it
If you have used the product one time, don't sell them. Make-up can have bacteria. If you sell it to someone else, it could cause problems for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash